Every summer, between June and September, a free Cathedral Light Show takes place in Rouen with dazzling illuminations projected on the building’s façade.
The Rouen Cathedral of Notre Dame is highlighted each year thanks to an incredible show of sound and light. When night falls, couples, families, groups, tourists and the residents of Rouen and its surrounding area can be found on the Place de la Cathédrale to be astonished by this fully emotive show.
After a first show on the theme of Impressionism in 2015, Notre Dame will be dressed for a new show from 12th June to 27th September, based on two themes: Joan and the Vikings. Established in 911 by the Scandinavian chief Rollo, Normandy experienced some dark hours with the Viking invasions of the ninth century. Joan of Arc, a legendary character in France, tells her story on the facade of the tallest cathedral in France.
In its own way, the company Cosmo AV will transform the saga of Joan of Arc and the Treaty of Saint-Clair-sur-Epte, which conceded Normandy to the Vikings. The show is free and can be enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of spectators throughout the season.
Cathedral of Light 2021,
schedules and practical information
From July 2 to September 19, 2021, the show will be back
Every evening, you can see a free sound and light show of the Cathedral of Rouen, composed of two creations: “Fiers & Conquérants” on the theme of William the Conqueror and “The New Worlds” on the theme of the great maritime epics.
• July 2 to 31 at 11:00 p.m.
• From August 1 to 15 at 10:30 p.m.
• From August 16 to 31 at 10 p.m.
• From September 1 to 19 at 9:30 p.m.
The shows will be screened every evening, for 50 minutes (2 times)
This show is a must-see summer event.
COMPULSORY HEALTH PASS
- Download the TousAntiCovid application
- Be completely vaccinated: 7 days after the 2nd injection for double injection vaccines.
- Have a negative test of less than 48 hours: Proof of a negative RT-PCR or antigen test of less than 48 hours.
- Have a certificate of recovery from Covid-19: The result of a positive RT-PCR or antigen test older than 15 days and less than 6 months.
- Proof of identity